Continental Testing Maintenance Engineer in Aguascalientes, Mexico
Testing Maintenance Engineer
Keep the equipment in optimal conditions through the improvements, corrections and failure prevention analysis.
Select the better suppliers and spare parts to guarantee functionality, quality and productivity.
Development of preventive maintenance plans (based on data analysis)
Improvement of department's KPIs and continuous improvement of technology indicators (dpmos, FPY, cycle time, 0 kms failures, etc).
Optimize production technologies in terms of quality, time and cost.
Propose and lead projects for lean sigma in production lines.
Perform operating procedures and instructions.
Support to maintenance engineers and technicians.
Repair equipment failures in the shortest possible time, using the appropriate equipment and tools.
Develop and improve preventive maintenance plans.
Identify the top offended equipment and analyze the root cause to eliminate failures based on analytics tools.
Train technicians and engineers from maintenance team.
▪ Support to maintenance technicians based on the failures escalation path.
▪ Repair equipment failures in the shortest possible time, using the appropriate equipment and/or tools
▪ Maintain and control the proper use of the assigned tool
▪ Identify the top offender equipment and analyze the root cause to eliminate their failures. and finally present the results of the analysis to the team.
▪ Keep your internal clients informed about the progress of projects as well as the potential risks of not complying with quality, time and / or costs, if they exist.
▪ Be self-directed by monitoring and ensuring the achievement of goals and objectives of the Lines in charge.
▪ Optimize the equipment, applying Engineering to improve MTBF, MTTR and reduce Downtime
▪ Analyze and eliminate failures of assigned equipment in preventive maintenance.
▪ Create or modify operating procedures and operation instructions for preventive and corrective activities.
▪ Propose and execute strategies and projects that allow the continuous improvement in terms of quality, time, safety, environment and cost.
▪ Develop and improve preventive maintenance plans.
▪ Create trainings for maintenance technicians and engineers.
Bachelor's degree: Engineering
Minimum 2 years experience in the position
ICT's, Test Fixtures, Flashing
Functional tests: Keysight, NI, EOL's/RFT
Final Tests: Keysight, NI
National Instruments (Test Stand, CVI)
Vision 2D and 3D
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)