Continental Customer Support Coordinator in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Customer Support Coordinator
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Allentown, PA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Customer Support Coordinator to join our customer service team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• As a Customer Support Coordinator, you will be responsible for answering customer calls for non-key accounts regarding order status, product availability, pricing, Terms and Conditions, technical inquiries, credits and debits and customer complaints.
• Distribute calls to Sales, Product Management and Technical Support Departments if necessary and carries out follow ups.
• Share customer feedback and concerns with Sales, Quality, Product Management and Warehouse Departments.
• Coordinate special or last minute shipping requests received by customers between Procurement, Shipping and Warehouse Departments.
• Negotiate with customers in change in delivery date or quantity, when necessary, and reach an agreement that is acceptable to both the customer and the Company.
• Allocate product to customer orders based on priority criteria as agreed upon by Product Management and Sales departments by checking product availability.
• Enter and process all customer orders and scheduling agreements including releasing of orders, creation of transfer orders, and prioritization of rush orders.
• Review electronically submitted customer orders (EDI) for non-key accounts and perform trouble-shooting in SAP system.
• Track orders as required and notify customers of any activity concerning their merchandise.
• Manage product introductions by monitoring initial orders to ensure proper supply in the pipeline.
• Manage product phase-outs by monitoring last time buys, allocating remaining product to orders, cancelling open orders, and communicating closing of orders to customers.
• Monitor open order reports and follow up with the customer, Procurement, Sales, and Product Management Departments when appropriate.
• Responsible for communicating and processing customer forecast and planned requirements in SAP system in order to run MRP.
• Monitor and track customer complaints by entering claims into a claims database and coordinates with customers on subsequent actions including new shipments, returns, credits and debits.
• Monitor and report order- fill rate, customer satisfaction and performance measurements.
• Track customer penalties.
• Enforce Terms and Conditions that are set forth by Sales Department in regard to order lead-times, minimum order quantities and pricing.
• Invoice/debit customers for additional services according to Terms and Conditions on a case-by-case base.
• Coordinate the process for returning product from the customer, issue and monitor authorization to return goods according to company policies, coordinate approvals with Sales Departments according to the Terms and Conditions.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 2-3 years logistics experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
• Previous Customer Service experience.
• Previous experience with automotive products.
• Previous Excel experience.
• Previous ERP experience (Oracle, SAP, etc.).
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Logistics, Marketing and Sales
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.