Continental Material Analyst / Procurement Planner in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Material Analyst / Procurement Planner
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Allentown, PA location is seeking a Materials Analyst to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Responsible for planning, scheduling and monitoring the procurement of materials.
• Manages inventory levels and reviews customer requirements and demand with Product Management and Sales departments and provides the highest material availability at the lowest cost.
• Issues material releases to vendors, tracks shipments and coordinates timely and efficient delivery to our warehouse(s).
• Focuses on KPI’s such as Logistics Cost of Sales, Working Capital, Inventory, Delivery Performance, and Freight expenses and helps improve quality of logistics parameters in SAP as they are an integral part of Product Life Cycle Management.
• Participates in monthly forecast review meetings with Product Management and Sales; closely works with customer service to ensure material availability.
• Ensures receipts are processed accurately and generate timely payment to vendors.
• In coordination with the Product Manager, coordinates the introduction of new parts, as well as the phase-out of obsolete material.
• Supports EDI setup to vendors to increase the availability of electronic delivery information.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of experience in a related field or industry
• Resourceful problem solving with strong analytical and numerical skills
• Ability to take initiatives and work with limited supervision
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
• Ability to work effectively with team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to offer relocation for this opportunity.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Logistics, Manufacturing Operations and Production
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.