Continental Material Handler – Snowdrift Road 1st Shift in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Material Handler – Snowdrift Road 1st Shift
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Allentown, PA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and team-oriented Material Handler to join our Logistics team at our Snowdrift Road location. The ideal candidate has quality driven skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Primary duty is to operate order picker and narrow aisle forklifts to bring product to work area or put packaged product away.
• Accurately pick and count product from storage locations for production.
• Secondarily pick and count product from storage locations for shipping.
• Retrieve and put back packaging materials in storage locations.
• Pull empty returnable containers and pallets from storage locations.
• Move product for consolidation based on Inventory Control guidance.
• Sign OSHA daily lift truck checklist.
• Utilize SAP to create/maintain documents related to the process.
• Report inventory discrepancies to Inventory control or Supervisors.
• Use hand-held RF device to accomplish daily work.
Starting rate is $16.25/hour
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• $1200 Sign on bonus
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 1 year of warehouse/distribution experience.
• At least 3 months of forklift experience.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Previous experience with SAP.
• Previous experience using order picker (picking from the heights), sit down and narrow aisle forklifts.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.