Continental VAS Associate Level 1 - 1st Shift in Allentown, Pennsylvania
VAS Associate Level 1 - 1st Shift
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Allentown, PA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and team-oriented VAS Associate Level I to join our Logistics team at our Snowdrift Road location. The ideal candidate has quality driven skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Primarily pack or assemble product to production order or work instructions, put product in individual and master cartons to fulfill internal or customer requirements.
• Maintain accurate counts of product packaged and report packaging times and quantities on VAS time ticket form.
• Conduct quality checks to ensure the correct processing of orders.
• Adhere to Continental’s quality policy in relation to packaging and assembly of product in VAS.
• Palletize and label orders as required.
• Print and apply labels for product or shipment identification as required.
• Utilize programming software for instrumentation product as required.
• Utilize Pallet jacks when necessary.
• Cut cardboard and load baler with cardboard for recycling, as assigned.
• Follow all safety and OSHA guidelines to ensure all safety requirement are met.
• Perform all other activities as directed by your supervisor.
Starting rate is $14.75/hour
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• $1200 Sign on bonus
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 3-6 months of warehouse/distribution/manufacturing experience.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• Must be able to read, write and speak English.
• Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• SAP and Microsoft Office knowledge a plus
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.