Continental NPM Project Specialist in Auburn Hills, Michigan
NPM Project Specialist
Auburn Hills, MI
Under the direction of the Global NPM Consultant, this position will support the development & dependability of an efficient NPM Purchasing experience for Vitesco Technologies through implementation and/or reading across of valuable Purchasing solutions (Operational Excellence, Data Wrangling, Change Management, External Service Offerings, & additional value add potentials) on a global scale.
• OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE: Using a data driven approach, build business cases and drive implementation of Operational Excellence for the Global NPM Purchasing Organization by engaging internal and external expertise to find solutions for the future (for various topics; Storeroom rollout & Management, P-Cards, Operational Approval Workflows/Concepts, etc.).
• DATA WRANGLING: Work with Purchasing and Internal Business Stakeholders to build simplified & valuable data solutions (e.g. dashboards, executive summaries, RFQ Overviews, etc) stemming from complex and varying data sources (via PowerBI, Tableau, R Shiny, or other)
• CHANGE MANAGEMENT: Evaluate and coordinate NPM Purchasing topics with Brownfields / Greenfields, disconnected (or acquired) plants/businesses, and additional M&A related topics as they arise, while ensuring Vitesco Technologies policies, Cluster strategies, Worldwide Organizational unity and overall cost efficiency.
• PURCHASING EXPERIENCE: Proactive development of innovative concepts to create a Lean NPM experience that ensures the best operating and cooperation model between Internal Customers and NPM Purchasing (Process efficiency, RPA and external Automation potentials & Analytics).
• AUDIT MANAGEMENT: Align NPM Purchasing’s Global tracking & follow-up process of Internal Audit’s with aim to mitigate future findings by reading across lessons learned from individual results.
• EXTERNAL SERVICE OFFERINGS: Coordinate with NPM Purchasing Colleagues and Internal Customers to assess potential external service offerings for added benefits (lower fixed costs, lower contracted rates, etc) for Vitesco Technologies such as Consultants, GPOs, Outsourced Services.
• SPECIAL PROJECTS: Additional special projects as needed due to inherent shifts in the NPM Purchasing initiatives & urgencies.
Academic degree in business administration, software engineering or comparable qualifications
Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Purchasing, Project Management, Statistical Analysis or related field (HG11)
English language skills written and spoken
Willingness to travel
Preference will be given to candidate(s) with the following additional skillsets:
Negotiation, persuasion and communication skills
Working level of Business Analytics tools; e.g. R Shiny, KNIME, PowerBI, etc
German Language skills
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.