Continental Regional Purchasing Manager, Americas in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Regional Purchasing Manager, Americas
Auburn Hills, MI
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a Regional Purchasing Manager, Americas to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Manage the regional purchasing activities for the new merged Business Unit Advanced Dynamics System (AD). This role will be the leading the purchaser in the Legal-Entity functionally and will ensure the implementation of the purchasing process. The Regional Purchasing Manager will inspire people based on Continental's leadership philosophy, provide stability and high trust. You will play a role in moving Continental into the future.
• Develop and define regional strategy in alignment with the global BU purchasing strategy.
• Define, implement, and lead cost improvement activities and strategy within the region in cooperation with cluster buyers, as well as tracking the progress.
• Coordinate with corporate purchasing of the region.
• Manage the regional supplier portfolio in coordination with cluster buyers.
• Functional lead for all local plant purchasing leaders and buyers of the region.
• Work with the project team to find the best source within the region in the aspect of the total cost of ownership (quality, price, and delivery) as well as lead the steering of purchasing project coordinator(s)
• Optimize the regional buyer responsibility, in consideration of the sustainability of the team
• Lead and participate in the negotiation with regional buyers/cluster buyers as well as regional demands.
• Report of the regional KPI, including supplier quality performance, spending, saving, and MPV, tracking the material price tendency in the region and is responsible for solving supplier escalations.
• Establish contract standards and approval process with the legal team based on regional/local legislation.
• Foster collaboration and open communication between different regions.
• Involved in the RFQ process for customer projects and encourage the team to contribute the best market offer and meet the target.
• Selection of the pooling potential on a regional level, both in PM and NPM, in cooperation with corporate purchasing.
• Support of the implementation of standards & systems in all locations of the region
• Support developing the strategy, process in the BU AD with BU head and other regional head.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant studies.
• Minimum 7-years of relative professional experience.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, experience leading and managing a team.
• Project management experience, prior experience leading projects.
• Experience working with suppliers and negotiating contracts.
• Prior experience with managing the purchasing process for manufacturing facilities.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Automotive experience preferred.
• International experience preferred.
• Highly skilled self-driven Management abilities.
• Robust experience in complex supplier negotiations.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.