Continental Senior Staff Embedded Linux Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Senior Staff Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking an experienced Embedded Linux Software Engineer to join our Continental Engineering Services (CES) team. The ideal candidate has skills in embedded software architecture for various in-vehicle automotive electronics.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Responsible for the software architecture, design, and implementation of Embedded Linux SW modules for products developed by CES.
• Develop, maintain and communicate software/system development content and timing for embedded automotive control modules.
• Provide support to application teams for identification of root causes for issues and corrective action plans.
• Participate in technical discussions (prepare / present responses) with customers.
• Contact between two more departments to facilitate and ensure appropriate exchange of knowledge
• Assistance to quotes by creating the SW concept and effort estimations.
• Responsible for the development of new products and changes to existing products
• Provide technical leadership and mentor personnel within the department.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• 5 years of experience in embedded Linux development
• 5 years of experience with C or C++ programming
• 5 years of experience with bash scripting or equivalent
• Basic understanding of schematics
• Experience using measurement devices like multimeter, oscilloscope, etc.
• Must be willing to travel (approximately 20%) supporting internal and customer development trips.
*Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Experience in Linux kernel development
• Experience with Linux device driver development
• Experience in porting Linux to new CPU architectures
• Telematics experience (Qualcomm NADs is a plus)
• Knowledge of real-time operating systems
• Network protocols and cellular wireless technologies
• Experience with Automotive Electronic/Electromechanical Products
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
As an engineering and production partner, Continental Engineering Services (CES) develops customized solutions for technologically challenging tasks in automotive and industrial industries. Become a part of a strong team and help us ensure that future mobility becomes more user-friendly, drive-efficient, safe and comfortable.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.