Continental Sr. Attorney in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Attorney to join our Group Compliance, Law & Intellectual Property team. The ideal candidate has experience providing legal and business advice necessary to support legal responsibility for specified customer groups covering various legal subject matters and initiatives.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Provide broad commercial legal support to various business units and departments of Company in support of relationship with designated automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) customers in furtherance of business goals and objectives.
• Draft, review and negotiate various legal documents, contracts and other agreements with our automotive and other customers covering all business operations. Develop, maintain and update contract templates to improve the contract management process.
• Work closely with the operation/project team to proactively support a wide range of regional and international transactions (i.e., sales, research and development, supply and services, warranty, etc.) for the maximum realization of business opportunities.
• Manage disputes and legal proceedings effectively and provide practice-oriented solutions to the management for dispute resolution and protect company's interest in a timely and efficient way.
• Develop hands-on working relationships with business partners, especially key account management and sales, at all levels and play as a team member within the global Law Department and the Company. Manage external attorneys effectively.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Juris Doctorate Degree from ABA Accredited Law School
• Currently licensed and in good standing in at least one jurisdiction
• Local, state and federal government agency experience also desired, including Customs and Export compliance experience and Real Estate transactions
• 7 - 10 years’ experience as an attorney in a corporation, law firm or both with at least 5 years’ experience reviewing, negotiating and drafting various domestic and international commercial contracts.
• Clear understanding and adherence to ethical principles, company values, codes of conduct and corporate policies
• Forward-thinking and creative, with the confidence to present and advocate for the implementation of ideas.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize effectively and to make and implement tough and potentially unpopular decisions;
*Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
*Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Work experience in the automotive industry
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2019, Continental generated sales of €44.5 billion and currently employs more than 230,000 people in 59 countries and markets.
Law Patents and Licences
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.