Continental SW Test Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
SW Test Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Software Test Engineer to join our Continental Engineering Services (CES) team. The ideal candidate has good knowledge on microcontrollers and real-time applications on embedded systems/vehicle environment.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Perform a review of software requirements from a test point of view.
• Create SW Test Specifications to cover all SW and/or SYS Requirements.
• Create and perform automation and manual tests.
• SW Configuration Management, processes, and quality compliance.
• Organization and maintenance of test activities.
Additional Job Responsibilities (based on project needs)
• Provide support to application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective solutions.
• Support SW Engineers for refinement of specifications
• Support test team during system validation phase.
• Monitor and report requirements / test / implementation traceability.
• Design, develop, and implement cost effective test methods and best practices.
• Design test setups and test cases in order to test the project requirements.
• Create, review and update test specifications and setups in order to ensure 100% coverage of requirements.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
• 2 years of experience with SW testing (white-box testing, black-box testing)
• 2 years of experience with test case automation
• 2 years of experience on embedded systems
• Ability to read schematics
• Experience programming with one of the following languages: C, C++, Java or C#
• Basic experience in scripting with one of the following: bash, python, VB, perl
• Experience with communication protocols (e.g. CAN, LIN, SPI, Ethernet, RS232, etc.)
• Experienced with using lab measurement devices (e.g. oscilloscope, power supply, multimeter, etc.)
• Can work both independently and in a team environment
• A mindset for continuous quality and efficiency improvements
• Determines own priorities and may deviate from established procedures and practices as long as results meet standards of acceptability (e.g., volume, quality, timeliness, accuracy)
• Travel may be required depending on project involvement (typically in Metro Detroit Area).
Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position
Relocation is not available for this position
• ISTQB awareness
• Proficient in C#
• Good knowledge on microcontrollers and real-time applications on embedded systems/vehicle environment
• System testing experience
• Test experience with Bluetooth, RF or WiFi
• Basic knowledge on cryptography and cybersecurity
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
As an engineering and production partner, Continental Engineering Services (CES) develops customized solutions for technologically challenging tasks in automotive and industrial industries. Become a part of a strong team and help us ensure that future mobility becomes more user-friendly, drive-efficient, safe and comfortable.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.