Continental System Engineer Technical Project Lead - High Voltage Electronics in Auburn Hills, Michigan
System Engineer Technical Project Lead - High Voltage Electronics
Auburn Hills, MI
This position is located in Auburn Hills, MI, and is for the development of hybrid and electric vehicle power electronic components and systems.
• Lead, plan, and track system engineering project activities during development and production launch of high voltage power electronic subsystems and components
• Evaluate customer specifications and translate the system requirements into DOORS for requirements-to-test traceability.
• Lead the requirement analysis process with the project team.
• Negotiation of customer requirements where requirements may conflict with industry trends.
• Main interface to customer for system requirements clarification.
• Make design recommendations with evaluated risks, cost improvements, etc.
• Ensure designs meet customer requirements & specifications.
• Evaluate internal and external engineering design change requests.
• Support customer presentations, interfacing with OEMs on technical topics.
• Support quotation process with technical knowledge of designs to meet specifications and requirements (critical requirements analysis, create project specific system/product architecture)
• Main interface with core technical group to understand current base development technology and development status to inform local project teams.
• Main interface with core technical group to understand latest innovations in order to create opportunities for business with local customers (products, processes, methods, etc).
• Experience in power electronics (inverter and converter) development and commercialization.
• Ability to analyze problems and recommend solutions for mechanical, HW and SW.
• Minimum of 5 years of automotive electronics product development experience.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
• Good written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
• Experience with ISO26262 (Functional Safety) compliance
• Experience in developing safety critical systems
• Experience with formal Requirements Engineering using DOORS or similar tool
• Knowledge of SAP release system
• Experience applying design and development tools as required (FMEA)
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.