Continental Systems Engineer in Auburn Hills, Michigan
Auburn Hills, MI
This role is responsible for technical product development, its functional performance and compliance. Determine, develop and confirm Electrical, Software and Mechanical Requirements of product. Support/lead generic projects for creation of next generation products (new applications, technologies and product functions). Work with internal and external resources in the development, acquisition, validation and installation of new products. The System Engineer will be developing and launching new technologies for vehicle access, such us Phone as a key, smart access and others, using technology like; BLE, NFC, etc.
• Technical lead for Sensor product and test development (understanding of interactions between physics, mechanical, electronics, soft/firmware).
• Core technologies include: Capacitive sensors, BLE, NFC, CAN, LIN
• Responsible for the product architecture and design to meet customer and manufacturing plant requirements
• Responsible for the analysis of customer specification, and creation of compliance matrix and technical proposal in the RFQ phase and beyond
• Responsible for creation of Electrical, Software and Mechanical ‘Requirements Engineering’
• Responsible for the development of test specification(s) and support of test equipment development in manufacturing plant(s)
• Coordinating with colleagues from manufacturing plant(s)
• Develop & support DV & PV lab test stands.
• Technical support for failure analysis of warranty parts and plant rejects
• Technical support for Series Production Product Change Management
• Keep abreast of new manufacturing and testing technologies
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to regularly demonstrate a logical and linear thought process to solve complex problems
• Knowledge and effective use of MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Required Language is English. Other language is a plus.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering or Physics or equivalent.
• Requires two (2) years of Automotive industry experience to include two (2) years: requirement analysis and verification; risk assessment tool such as DFMEA; product development cycle; test management such as DVP&R, QP and EMC/Envir Test; test cases development; high-level programming languages such as Labview and Visual Basic.
• Requires one (1) year: configuration management tools such as IMS/MKS/DOORS; working with lab equipment instrumentation such as scope, power supply, AD/IO, programming interfaces, bootloaders, and LIN/CAN. Requires
• 10% US travel and 10-25% international travel for meetings, testing, and technical support
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.