Continental Industrial Engineer in Auburn, Indiana
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Auburn, IN location is seeking a Industrial Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Responsible for special projects, process/product development and launch, and related engineering assistance in support of manufacturing operations.
• Primary Responsibilities:
• Utilize engineering disciplines to troubleshoot shop floor activities and improve shop floor safety, quality and efficiencies
• Interacts with Development and Segment/BU level Engineering on new jobs related to PPAP and process items
• Communicates foreseen issues with Engineering Manager for discussion and resolution.
• Initiates job specifications for new jobs and provides this information to the Cost Estimator/New Job Group for entry into Specification System and SAP.
• Obtains and fashions samples for Boundary Boards and other process documentation used in Electronic Document System
• Coordinates and performs initial trial runs on new processes and equipment. Notes and tracks issues for resolution and communicates items that need escalated.
• Initiates improvements to existing systems. Processes machinery and equipment to support manufacturing functions and operations.
• Support the creation of bill of materials, process flows and process failure mode effective analysis (PFMEA)
• Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information to support cost estimating and quote process
• May require customer visits as needed
• May work with raw material suppliers as needed
• Keeps abreast of technology improvements, recommends and justifies implementation of equipment and process cost reduction improvements (includes preparing budgetary quotes and project timelines)
• Works on continuous improvement programs and cost reduction projects
• Maintains job records as required
• Statistically analyzes gathered data in test runs and makes recommendations based upon analysis
• May work with laboratory in conducting material and product test and evaluations
• Works closely with shift supervisors and department managers to ensure proper quality operations of materials and equipment
• May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description.
• Time will be split between shop floor and office environment as required
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelors’ degree and a minimum 2 years of professional experience or minimum 4 years of professional experience if no relevant bachelor’s degree
• Process engineering experience.
• Ability to lead and support multi-disciplinary task teams
• Excellent knowledge of manufacturing parts and processes
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
• Technical shop floor experience with cylinders, servos, sensors, barcode scanners, cameras, fiber optic thru beams, dial tables, etc.
• Willingness and ability to travel (> 10%), as necessary.
• Visa sponsorship available for Continental employees only.
• 4 years of process engineering experience.
• Experience in Welding, Stamping or other metals
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.