Continental Product Development Engineer in Auburn, Indiana
Product Development Engineer
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Auburn, IN location is seeking a Product Development Engineer to join our team
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
This opportunity is for a Product Development Engineer who will work co-operatively with the team to develop innovative, cost-competitive Vibration Control products from technical reviews through to the end of program life. The chosen candidate will be responsible for taking a leading role in ensuring design manufacturability, the establishment and application of new product ideas, ensuring customer interfaces are understood and maintained, interfacing directly with customer engineers, and ensuring internal and customer design and product specifications are met.
• Execution and monitoring of project-specific development activities within product development
• Development of products according to customer specifications
• Support of sales and project management to develop innovative NVH solutions
• Completion of all deliverables for Product Development specified within the project management system (Quality Gate System) to technically manage projects from cradle to grave.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent
• 1-5 years of Professional working experience in Development or Engineering
• Working experience with developing products
• Technical and analytical thinking
• Independent working ability and assertiveness
• Knowledge of production technologies and materials (particularly, rubber, plastics, stampings, and aluminum)
• We will sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Preferred experience creating innovative solutions for Powertrain & Chassis Mounting Systems, Dampers, and other rubber to metal bonded products.
• Previous experience in design for manufacturability and/or commodities such as castings, stampings, plastic injection or rubber parts is an asset.
• Knowledge of automotive parts either through hands on experience or prior working history is preferred.
• Basic CAD experience preferred (ie. Catia, SolidWorks)
• Basic knowledge of FEM/FEA, CAE methods
• Experience working in Product Development, preferably in an automotive environment
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.