Continental Prototype & Tooling Buyer in Auburn, Indiana
Prototype & Tooling Buyer
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Auburn, IN location is seeking a Prototype & Tooling Buyer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• The role of a Prototype and Tooling Buyer is to manage the procurement of prototype parts and both prototype and production tooling to ensure the overall productivity of the panel and ensure corporate purchasing guidelines related to indirect material, including investment goods, services etc. are followed.
• This role will support Prototype and Production environments and will look to develop a cost-effective supply base for the needs of ContiTech Vibration Control, looking at domestic and international sources.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• 5 years minimum professional experience (OR Minimum 10 years or more if no relevant Bachelors Degree)
• Automotive manufacturing experience
• Knowledge of production processes, ideally within Vibration Control plants.
• Capable of analyzing needs, working with the plants and vendors to determine requirements, this requires excellent negotiation skills.
• Provide support to product engineers to evaluate the feasibility of engineering changes.
• SAP knowledge is a plus.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.