Continental Welder / Fabricator in Barnesville, Georgia
Welder / Fabricator
Continental Tire the Americas, LLC Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Barnesville, GA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Welder/Fabricator to join our Maintenance Group. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Person selected will perform a variety of repairs which include repair of pumps, pipe fitting, plumbing, welding and fabrication, and general maintenance repair. Two or more years of maintenance experience with emphasis in pipe threading and fitting, centrifugal pumps, and seal installation and alignment are highly desired.
• Maintain the plant buildings. This will include, but is not limited to repairing floors, walls roof, windows, doors, etc.
• Maintain vehicles such as tractors, backhoe, mowers, weed eaters, floor scrubbers, etc.
• Check & drain sumps at chemical storage areas, empty waste trailers, assist with storage of chemical wastes.
• Perform preventive maintenance on utility equipment such as chillers, air compressors, boiler, and air handling units.
• Perform carpentry tasks which include constructing wooden items, making shipping supplies, installing windows and doors.
• Follow all plant safety rules and attend all required safety trainings.
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor, group leader or manager
Physical Requirements: Amend as needed for position
STANDING – Must be able to stand on hardwood and /or concrete floor for a minimum of 8 hours with established break/lunch times.
MOVING (self) – Must be able to walk 500 ft. approx. 100 times/shift.
MOVING (materials) – Must be able to lift items weighing up to 30lbs. approx. 480 times/shift. Exert push/pull force to move wheeled boxes to racks weighing 150 to 500 lbs. approx. 30 times/shift.
HEARING/SPEAKING - Able to hear and speak with supervisors, technicians, and co-workers to perform job properly.
REACHING – Must have the ability to reach or climb overhead approx. 3 ft.
BENDING/STOOPING – Must be able to bend or stoop to perform job duties as needed.
VISUAL ACUITY – Color vision required with normal vision to distinguish yarn tints, proper codes, and quality defects.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
• Vocational/Technical Certification
• Previous maintenance experience – 2+ years
• Computer Literate
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.