Continental Intern - Vehicle Test Engineer for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems in Carpinteria, California
Intern - Vehicle Test Engineer for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
The Product Integration & Test group for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is looking to strengthen our system level testing and development with a highly motivated and technically skilled intern. Our interns are fully integrated in our various projects, preparing and testing of ADAS sensor systems against defined requirements. The ADAS Product Integration & Test group is leading all integration & testing activities of LIDAR sensors in lab and vehicle environments. We are currently developing and industrializing this new technology for application in Autonomous Mobility.
• Integration of ADAS sensors and measurement equipment in test vehicles and on test bench
• Performing system tests of customer functions and subfunctions in test vehicles and on test bench
• Specification and execution of test cases (100% coverage) according to customer requirements
• Establishing and maintaining test documentation (requirements, test reports, statistics, key performance indicators in DOORs, IMS, process tool chain, JIRA, GIT, & Confluence) according to product life cycle
• Analysis, documentation, forwarding and tracking of deviations and errors
• Design, development, adaption and optimization of necessary test methods
• Must be willing to work On-site for most assignments
•Must be enrolled in a US accredited degree program
• Actively enrolled in undergrad/grad coursework perusing a degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent
•Must maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365 software
• Critical analysis, evaluation, and synthesis of new and complex ideas
• Capability to take initiative, make decisions and deliver results
• Clear and open communication, creativity
• Knowledge of system-level engineering, processes and standards, and/or system testing
• Knowledge of ADAS relevant technologies
• Experience in programming (C, C++, Matlab, Python, etc.)
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.