Continental Sr. Staff Systems Architect in Carpinteria, California
Sr. Staff Systems Architect
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Carpinteria, CA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Sr. Staff Systems Architect to join our ADAS Technology System Design team. The ideal candidate has experience in product development & System Architecture.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• The ADAS LiDAR Systems group is involved in the definition and product development of Automotive Long- and Short-Range LiDAR sensors and related advanced vehicle sensing components. The system engineer leads the systems engineering activities and drives efforts through all project phases.
• Creates and Leads the System Architecture Specification (according to required: quality, acceptance criteria, technical feasibility).
• Discusses and clarifies System Architecture with the customer, by involving the Project Manager, System Lead Engineer, etc.
• Reviews System Requirements with affected disciplines (HW, SW including Algo part, Test, ...).
• Coordinate domain topics to fulfill sensor performance.
• Creates and analyzed link budget for Autonomous Driving use cases
• Benchmarks new technologies and keeps the competitor’s portfolios.
• Functional Safety support
• Ensuring reuse of generic requirements and solutions
• Management of Architecture and implementation of changes requests in Specifications
• Strong leadership to guide and assist other LIDAR team members in Architecture topics
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering or physics fields (electronics, telecom, optics)
• Minimum 5+ years experience working in System Architectural topics
• Proactive, resilient, flexible, and results-oriented attitude
• Analytical capabilities and good communication skills
• Proficient in Product Design V model
• Proficient in Matlab
• Experience in requirements analysis and management
• Configuration Management Tools knowledge: DOORS, JIRA, etc.
• Experience in Communication Protocols: Ethernet, CAN, etc
• Knowledge of Functional Safety
• Knowledge of Cyber
• 7+ years as a system engineer
• Experience in Algorithms
• Experience in Agile methodology
• Knowledge on XiL: HiL, SiL, etc. (Simulation)
• Intercultural/International Experience
• General knowledge of semiconductor electronics.
• Collaborates effectively with others to achieve goals.
• Learning agility; being curious and quick to learn.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Engineering, Research and Development
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.