Continental Production Supervisor - Hot Prep in Clinton, Mississippi
Production Supervisor - Hot Prep
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking a Production Supervisor to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
We are seeking a Production Supervisors at our Greenfield (startup plant) in Clinton, Mississippi. The Production Supervisor leads a team responsible for meeting Quality, Cost, Delivery and People objectives. Supporting the launch of a new tire plant will require a strong internal drive, ability to motivate diverse teams and complex problem-solving skills.
• Leverage 5S standards as the basis for operator safety, the production of quality tires, and continuous improvement activities in manufacturing.
• Ensure that working conditions are fully compliant with plant Health Safety and Environmental standards: stopping production in case of safety risks and drive improvement of working conditions and ergonomics.
• Develop the team: ensure proper staffing, integrate new team members, foster individual development plans, advise and arrange for appropriate training, assure punctual job evaluations, etc.
• Drive continuous improvement activities in area of responsibility through engaging operators, setting progressive Key Performance Indicator targets, and precise action plans.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 3 years’ manufacturing experience
• Demonstrated leadership in complex manufacturing environment
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1-year experience as Supervisor
• Tire manufacturing experience
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
This position will not offer relocation assistance.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.