Continental EHS Manager in Culpeper, Virginia
Manage and coordinate all Environmental, Safety, Health and Security functions created by the operations of the Continental facility assigned. Also facilitate all Corporate ESH requirements in association with the Environmental Management System (ISO14001).
• Safety: Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal safety and health regulations. Evaluate, recommend and approve all manufacturing
process changes including line modification or installation. Review and recommend guarding and workstation ergonomics. Review and
recommend safe work practices and changes to the site.
• Environment: Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations regarding control and disposal of waste. Maintain all
environmental permits. Control shipment and manifesting of hazardous and nonhazardous wastes. Monitor the Chemical Storage area.
Evaluate and approve any SDS through Purchasing prior to process change. Evaluate current work practices and make recommendations
regarding safe chemical handling. Conduct or facilitate Industrial Hygiene testing as needed for air contaminants, noise, etc.
• Fire Prevention: Maintain emergency response plans and organizations. Provide liaison for property insurer and manage the requirements,
inspections and records that are necessary. Monitor maintenance and inspection of emergency response equipment and processes.
• General Safety: Develop and communicate methods of raising employee awareness with the aim of sensitizing employees to the prevention
of accidents, workrelated illness, environmental damage and fire. Direct accident investigations and recommend the corrective actions
necessary to prevent recurrence. Track injuries and illnesses for trends or patterns. Facilitate Employee Safety Committees. Direct
Environment, Health and Safety efforts to comply with company protocols. Assure accurate OSHA log records.
Manage local ESH Management System. Develop and maintain appropriate health, safety, plant security and environmental policies,
procedures and work instructions and to regularly monitor their implementation and ongoing improvement.
• Policy: Manage the company policy regarding each of the above items locally. This includes controlling the physical documents, writing or
editing and incorporating directives from corporate. Includes assisting with Regional ESH Management System
• Bachelor’s Degree in environmental Health & Safety, Environmental Health & Science, Occupational Health & Safety or related discipline or 4+ equivalent years of experience.
• Ability to navigate Microsoft Office applications as well as other 3rd party software suites.
• Ability to deliver presentations to groups.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Previous Management experience.
• 2+ years of experience utilizing EHS regulatory guidelines
• Project Management experience.
• Knowledge of Voluntary Protection Program requirements.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Health Safety and Security
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.