Continental Financial Analyst Associate in Fairlawn, Ohio
Financial Analyst Associate
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Fairlawn, OH location is seeking a Financial Analyst Associate to join our team. Are you ready to shape the future with us?
This position will be a key participant in the accounting and reporting processes across several legal entities. It will ensure the integrity of the reported figures and perform internal analysis for regional management and for our parent company. It will partner with other central functions (i.e. R&D, Supply Chain, Sales, Pricing, etc.) to support / lead process improvement projects across the organization. The ideal candidate should be a team player, detail oriented, and fast learner. It should be able to manage complexity and work independently. This position interacts with different teams within the organization, therefore, requires excellent communication and coordination skills. The candidate should be able to deal with multiple requests from multiple internal customers, and deliver timely, high quality results.
Principle duties & responsibilities include:
• Participate in monthly close process, including journal entries, account / accrual analysis, support to plant and segment controllers, etc.
• Elaborate account reconciliations for various entities within the NA organization.
• Perform reporting activities within the Continental consolidation system: headcount, labor, sales, AR aging, etc. Upload financial statements and solve validation errors.
• Work with the Global Shared Service Center in Manila, Philippines on accounting and compliance matters.
• Analyze, reconcile, and drive improvement of the freight account process.
• Perform monthly analytics and internal reporting requirements for management.
• Support forecasting and budgeting for different legal entities.
• Participate in special projects: presentations for Region Management, M&A activities, process improvement, system implementation.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
· Immediate Benefits
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition & Employee Discounts
· Annual Bonus
· Employer 401(k) Match
· And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills and overall Microsoft application knowledge (i.e. PowerPoint).
• Basic understanding of:
o Financial Statements by Legal Entity and Business Units
o Cost center and profit center accounting
o AR aging
o Procure to pay process
o Budget and Forecast process
o Compliance in a complex organization
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Two years of experience within the accounting / finance function. Experience working on projects in a semi-autonomous environment. Experience in a manufacturing and / or distribution company is desired, as well as experience working in an international environment.
• Experience within Continental is a plus.
• SAP, Fire, management presentations.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Finance and Controlling
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.