Continental Regional Category Specialist Freight & Warehouse Services in Fairlawn, Ohio
Regional Category Specialist Freight & Warehouse Services
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. We are seeking a Regional Category Specialist Freight & Warehouse Services to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Management of indirect materials category groups related to Freight & Warehouse Services within Corporate Purchasing's Regional Indirect Materials organization in North America supporting ContiTech locations.
The main objective is to establish best commercial conditions while optimizing a supplier base through aggregation of spend and common strategies in order to maximize the contribution to the operating profit across all divisions and facilities.
• Receives requests for freight, warehousing, and customs services
• Communicates with vendors to obtain service information, such as capability, price, and availability
• Initiates and drives demand pooling across logistics categories to ensure optimum use of purchasing power
• Manages and controls contractual process
• Sourcing process compliance with corporate policies
• Maintains and communicates rate tariffs to the business owner logistics community in the region
• Performs rate analysis/date mine, utilizing various methods, in the region to evaluate the market and ensure Continental is positioned well within the market trends
• Managed spend of 150M EU
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s Degree in International Business or minimum 4 years or more if no relevant bachelor’s degree
• 3 years of experience in Transportation / Logistics / Purchasing
• Negotiation Experience
• Advance skills in Excel analysis
• Project Management
• Manage of cross functional teams and projects
• Approx. 15% travel required
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree in International Business or Administration or minimum 6 years or more if no relevant bachelor’s degree, preferred
• Master’s degree in Business Administration or Logistics
• Experience in an international/multicultural corporate environment
• 5 years of experience in Transportation / Logistics
• Bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Customs experience
• Warehousing experience
• Purchasing experience
• SAP / ERP Knowledge
• Transportation Management Systems experience.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.