Continental Senior Chemist - Scientist in Fairlawn, Ohio
Senior Chemist - Scientist
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Fairlawn, OH location is seeking a Sr. Chemist – Scientist to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
This position will report to the Technology Manager. The incumbent may lead and/or be a member of multiple task groups and/or teams covering a variety of technical challenges and opportunities.
• Lead teams of associates from multiple disciplines including define roles and responsibilities, delegating tasks, following timetables and key deliverables,
• Mentor entry and staff level associates on corporate functions, technical prowess, and overall company cultural behaviors.
• Become proficient in project management skills including project set-up w/tasks, timetables, and deliverables, resource assessment needs, impact on the business, etc.
• Design and develop new enhanced laboratory characterization methods and protocols to enhance our understanding of the overall behavior of a material, product design, and/or manufacturing process.
• Technical reporting and documentation of all program activities including providing an understanding, and interpretation, of the underlying fundamental mechanisms involved.
• Utilize problem-solving skills and techniques to address complex technical challenges.
• Develop technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: materials, design, experimental techniques, processing. Provide guidance to other associates in these areas as needed.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in a chemistry-based field (e.g. organic, inorganic, material science, etc.) with work experience of 5 or more years.
• Proficient in project management skills including project set-up w/tasks, timetables, and deliverables, resource assessment needs, impact on the business, etc.
• Proficient in elastomeric compounding, RAW materials associated with such.
• Familiarity with thermoplastics properties, testing, processing would be beneficial
• Strong in the field of polymers, materials, design processing, or engineering including DOE and SAS/Minitab analysis.
• Good understanding of elastomeric processing (R&D and manufacturing)
• Strong interpersonal skills, team player, capable or running multiple programs simultaneously, with good problem-solving skills.
• Proficient with computer application software, such as Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office 360, SAS, MiniTab, etc..
• Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
• Willingness (and ability) to travel both domestically and abroad.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Ph.D. degree in a chemistry-based field (e.g. organic, inorganic, material science, etc.) with work experience of 10 or more years.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Research and Development
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.