Continental Data Scientist - Fleet Services in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Data Scientist - Fleet Services
Fort Mill, SC
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Fort Mill, SC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Data Scientist to join our Fleet Services group. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
As part of the organization Connected Tires - Technologies and Analytics, we are delivering innovative digital products in order to take on big problems to help fleet customers with our solutions around the world. As a data scientist you will work closely with data and software engineers, field intelligence and tire/vehicle experts to build up tire related prediction products for internal and external customer usage.
• Design, develop and operate powerful prediction models that process large scale fleet, vehicle and tire sensor related data
• Analyze large data sets on high performance cloud environment
• Build up high-quality digital products, based on AI technology together with partners in the Digital Solutions organization for external Customers.
• Transfer the knowledge gained to other R&D departments to improve our core tire products
• Be a valued member of an autonomous and cross-functional agile team
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Relevant BS Engineering Degree.
• 7 years of professional experience this does not included internships or co-ops.
• Project management/ leading experience
• Data acquisition and evaluation within a SQL.
• Knowledge of working within an Agile environment
• Programming experience with Python or R.
• Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, AWS Lambda, etc.
• Basic understanding of Tire performance.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental can pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• 10 years of professional experience and master’s degree
• SCRUM Master in Agile
• Experiences with developing Machine Learning Algorithms
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
Research and Development
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.