Continental Intern – Logistics Analyst, Year-Round in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Intern – Logistics Analyst, Year-Round
Fort Mill, SC
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. The America’s headquarters located in Fort Mill, South Carolina is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Logistics Analyst Intern to join our Logistics group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable and is in school for the next 12 months.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
*Position can start remotely, but then must be able to work onsite in Fort Mill, SC once HQ is reopened (likely by Fall 2021).
This position will focus primarily on items for the company's logistics department in transportation operations.
The Logistics Analyst Intern will be responsible for:
• Audit transportation carrier detention and demurrage invoices and create monthly accrual file
• Track and report detention / demurrage KPIs monthly, suggest actions to alleviate risks and costs
• Will work with transportation management on finding lowest total cost transportation solutions, including both sea and land freight
• Create and update reporting on daily detention/demurrage spend
• Look for innovative and cost savings initiatives in the inbound transportation area
• Will focus on minimizing detention and demurrage costs for incoming product from both domestic and foreign plants
• Utilize various tools to support sea freight analyst with sea freight topics
• Projects related to freight spend, on time performance, and data analytics
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive Intern Pay
• Hands on Project Experience
• Intern Socials/Mixers
• Monthly Lunch and Learns
• And many more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• High School diploma or equivalent
•Student currently attending an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Analytics, Business Administration, Data Science or another related field
• Able to work at least 20/hrs per week
• Currently enrolled in school for the next 12 months
• Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Proficient in MS Word/Outlook/PowerPoint
• Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
• Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
• Tableau/Power BI experience
• Proactive to improve existing processes
• Experience in logistics
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.