Continental Intern - Retread Research and Development - Year-Round in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Intern - Retread Research and Development - Year-Round
Fort Mill, SC
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Fort Mill, SC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Retread Research and Development Intern to join our Research & Development group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable and is in school for the next 12 months.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
** Looking for this student to work: May 2021-May 2022. This role will start remotely but will likely need to sit on-site with the team in Fort Mill by Fall 2021.
Retread Research and Development Intern will support our R&D Truck and Bus division. The Intern will help the team compile, analyze and test retread performance data gained from fleets, retread shops and manufacturing facilities. The intern will work on consolidating retread specific benchmarking and updating with competitor tread information.
• Compile and analyze retread performance data gained from fleets, retread shops and manufacturing facilities
• Develop network with sales force to complete benchmarking requests from the product development engineers
• Consolidate benchmarking information and update with the competitor treads from Americas and Europe available
• Data collection and analysis for product performance project
• Data analysis of product performance from field testing
• Support mold analysis and mold management program
• Support field testing casing collection program
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive pay
• Hands on experience with the team
• Project experience
• Company lunch and learns
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Currently enrolled in a US accredited degree program
• Pursuit of Engineering degree
• Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours
• Needs to be able to work onsite with the team
• Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Enrolled in school for at least 12 months and can dedicate 12 months toward this internship
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Domestic travel may be required, typically during Summer
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Previous work experience in engineering
• Foreign language skills (German or Spanish)
• 3.0 or higher GPA
• Tableau experience
• Able to work 25+ hours per week during normal business hours
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.