Continental Java Architect - Project Lead - Fleet Solutions in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Java Architect - Project Lead - Fleet Solutions
Fort Mill, SC
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• As the technical lead, you will support the further development of Continental Tire’s National Account Retailer and Fleet Program and be responsible for the design, creation, and testing of Java software-based innovations based on SpringBoot / Microservice architecture. You will collaborate with SCRUM teams of solutions architects back and front-end development teams along with, data engineers and frontend developers in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Additionally, there will be integration with systems that provide digitalization in the areas of Connected Vehicle and Tire Monitoring for Passenger, Commercial and Specialty (agriculture and mining) tire products and services. Connected systems/applications include SAP transaction system, CRM, BI, Hadoop....
• Capability to implement design and develop using Spring Boot framework for current developments.
• Collaboration with business partners to analyze user requirements and business objectives to determine application features and functionality.
• Collaboration with front end team members for the development of restful APIs.
• Collaboration with global team members in Europe and Malaysia.
• Aligning application design with business goals
• Responsibility for the development of test code/test scenarios ensuring high quality.
• Post roll-out, provide production support for the global web application.
• Ability to efficiently debug and resolve technical issues.
• Recommending changes to existing Java design/infrastructure.
• Compile technical documentation and user assistance material, requiring excellent written communication.
• Ensure continuous professional self-development.
• Follow Scrum/Agile methodologies to organize and plan projects.
• Embrace Continental’s core values: Trust, freedom to act, passion to win, for one another
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• BA or higher degree, ideally in Computer Science or related field.
• Expert level in Java programming - minimum 7 years of experience.
• Expert level with Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Security, Eureka.
• Proficient with continuous integration tools such as git, Jenkins, Sona Qube,
• Experience with user interface design, database structures, and statistical analyses.
• Expert in developing web applications (apps)
• Ability to communicate effectively with software development team members.
• Exposure to BDD [Behavior Driven Development] paradigm.
• Proficient with testing frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Cucumber.
• Ability to model data in a relational database such as Oracle, PostgreSQL
• Full stack application developer experience
• Professional IT Certification
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.