Continental Principal Java Developer in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Principal Java Developer
Fort Mill, SC
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable, and accessible to all. Our Fort Mill, SC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Principal Java Developer to join our Central Functions group. The ideal candidate has experience with java programming and back-end development.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Implementation design and development using Spring framework for current developments
• Ability to support some legacy implementation in a Struts framework.
• Collaborate with business partners to analyze user requirements and business objectives to determine application features and functionality.
• Collaborate with front end team members for the development of restful APIs
• Aligning application design with business goals.
• Developing and testing software.
• Debugging and resolving technical problems that arise.
• Recommending changes to existing Java design/infrastructure.
• Compile technical documentation and user assistance material.
• Ensure continuous professional self-development.
• Embrace Continental’s core values: Trust, freedom to act, passion to win, for one another.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Java programming.
• Experience with backend development
• Experience with user interface design, database structures, and statistical analyses.
• Experienced in developing web applications (apps)
• Ability to communicate effectively with software development team members.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Experience with BDD [Behavior Driven Development] paradigm.
• Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
• Able to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong detail orientation.
• Professional IT Certification (related to Java, Oracle, or similar programing language and/or database management system)
• Experienced Managing Vendors and/or Consultants
• Proven experience in full-stack development
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.