Continental Software Engineer (CES) in Guadalajara, Mexico
Software Engineer (CES)
Continental Engineering Services (CES) is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to perform software analysis, development & testing, as well as algorithm activities for various invehicle automotive electronics from the Continental portfolio.
· Analyze, Develop, maintain and communicate software/system development content and timing.
· Provide support to application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans.
· Responsible for software modules/subsystems products developed by CES or other BU’s
· Participate in technical discussions (prepare / present responses) with customers.
· The ideal candidate is disciplined, and can foster a team environment
· Contact between two more departments to facilitate and ensure appropriate exchange of knowledge
· Software integration: Capable of performing SW modules/submodules integration, maintenance of SW
· Perform SW tests according to SW test specification
· Estimate and participate in the acquisition of new projects with external customers
· Ensure all aspects of production processes for software and calibration programming are properly verified and validated.
· Responsible for development of new products, and changes to existing products
· Provide technical leadership and mentor personnel within the department.
· Documentation of detail test plans, test design, analysis, computer modeling, prototype/production test scripts and specification releases.
· Assistance with other tasks as needed and determined by Management
· Experience with Automotive Electronic/Electromechanical Products
· Experience with 8 – 32 bit microcontrollers and embedded system platforms
· C programming
· Good communication skills
· Knowledge through extensive directly related experience
· Create value through the ability to integrate knowledge from different areas of specialized knowledge
· Proficient programming experience in C language
· Minimum 4 years in Software Development activities
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
· Intercultural abilities
· Must be willing to travel (approx. 20% of time) supporting internal and external customer support trips
· 6 years’ experience
· Experience with embedded software architecture
· Experience in telematics and/or eCall software
· Proficient with CAN protocol and related tools
· Experience testing the developed modules in a real vehicle
· Linux programming experience
· Experience with scripting languages e.g. Python, Perl
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Engineering, Research and Development
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)