Continental SW Software Engineer (DT) in Guadalajara, Mexico
SW Software Engineer (DT)
Vitesco Technologies Drivetrain Software group is responsible for the development of Transmission and Transfer-case Controller Platform and Application Software. The team provides embedded software content for production projects for multiple Automotive OEMs, and for VT internal development projects.
The scope of the department activities include Transmission Software Architecture, HW/SW partition definition, Low Level Transmission Control Platform Software development, Transfer Case Control Strategy Algorithm development, Transmission Strategy Software development, Systems/SW integration and verification, and Software Tools development.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
• Ability to understand and implement control strategy algorithms for transmission controllers
• Perform Bench level design validation tests
• Contributor to the design and implementation of automotive application SW to control various transmission and transfer case systems
• Support the Program Management at quoting new businesses through suggestion of technical solutions and effort estimation.
• Support exploration of new concepts and platforms.
• Interface with System Algorithm engineers in US, Europe, and Asia reviewing system requirements to ensure the overall technical integrity of the SW product.
• Real-time embedded software development support next generation transmission control modules testing and debugging support.
• Integration of Application SW with low level Hardware Abstraction SW.
• Perform reviews, analyze system and software requirements and test protocol.
• Monitor and evolve the "state-of-the-art" in embedded Systems and Software Development.
• Facilitate cross-team collaboration and knowledge sharing.
• Drive common platform approaches including software, processes, and tools.
• BS in Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering. MS Preferred.
• Minimum two years of Engineering experience
• Two years of experience in C language programming
• One year of experience in developing bench level DV test cases
• One year of experience using calibration tools, and data-logging tools, and the ability to analyze data.
• Understanding of component driven System and SW development architecture.
• Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to learn the details of specific features from documentation, and review with design engineers
• Self-motivated, dedicated, focused, and be able to meet tight schedules.
• Good understanding of Vehicle Dynamics
• Knowledge of related key issues in CPU Utilization, Memory Management..
• Experience with configuration management tools
• Experience using Debugging Tools to troubleshoot the application strategies
• Understanding of Transmission Control Systems.
• Understanding of Transfer Case System.
• Understanding of flash over Controller Area Network (CAN) development.
• Hardware diagnostics and circuit protection implemented in low level software drivers.
• Experience using DOORS, CANalyzer, CANape, INCA, ATI Vision or similar tools
• Understanding of UML.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.