Continental Advanced Purchaser for Vitesco Technologies (Iasi) in Iasi, Romania
Advanced Purchaser for Vitesco Technologies (Iasi)
As an Advanced Purchaser in our Iasi location, your main responsibilities will imply to:
• Take over mechanical and electromechanical parts along with review of designs;
• Be involved in all internal sourcing-relevant disciplines, initiate and close the sourcing processes;
• Be the purchasing representative in the project team, from acquisition phase until SOP and interface to Category Management;
• Cover material costs;
• Kick-off and track supplier component reviews, component timing and technical feasibility through suppliers;
Further project-specific tasks:
• Review of the project milestones;
• Participate in Core Team and Change Management Meetings;
• Align all the project-relevant sourcing activities with AP colleagues;
• Ensure early involvement of sourcing relevant disciplines and suppliers;
• Ensure BOM cost calculation: generation and evaluation of BOM cost during project quotation phase;
• Control BOM cost: Track and improve BOM cost from project quoting phase until SOP. Define measures (Cost Reduction Program – CRP / Design to Cost -Re-DTC) to close the gaps to target BOM cost;
• Market observation of new suppliers and technologies.
• Degree in Engineering field (Mechanics, Electronics, Electrotechnics, Telecommunications);
• Advanced level of English;
• Advanced Engineering knowledge (casting parts, lamination stack, magnets etc.) is required;
• At least 5 years purchasing experience - in automotive industry;
• Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
• Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills;
• Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.