Continental Internship Artificial Intelligence Software Developer for HEAT (Iasi) in Iasi, Romania
Internship Artificial Intelligence Software Developer for HEAT (Iasi)
The Holistic Engineering and Technologies (He[a]t) department in Continental Iasi is growing. Our Advanced Technology team develops algorithms and software modules for future products, with high degree of innovation.
By providing solutions for future urban mobility, enhancing road safety and enabling autonomous driving technologies, our Advanced Technology team is providing great opportunities for those that are willing to explore the latest trends.
As an Intern in our Advanced Technology team, you get the chance to work in the best development workgroups and learn what you need to start a professional career in the automotive industry. You will boost your knowledge by learning from the best mentors and working with latest development methods.
Each one of us can contribute to a better future. You can do this on a daily basis on an Artificial Intelligence Software Development Internship role.
Do you want to be an Intern on Software Development for Artificial Intelligence? These should spark your interest:
• Work in Agile teams and in a safe environment to learn and improve;
• Implement software in cross-domain project teams at international level;
• Collaborate with our experienced developers and system engineering colleagues, in order to achieve cohesive, performant and fully functional solutions;
• Ensure the required quality level over the development process.
• Research and development of computer vision, machine learning, and optimization algorithms for feature selection, semantic segmentation, human pose estimation, odometry, motion analysis, and recognition / tracking / forecasting of objects and persons.
• Create, apply and evaluate novel deep learning methods to yield a comprehensive environmental model using data from cameras, laser and radar sensors, and their combination.
• Design, development, and integration of the software systems and architectures necessary to realize research prototypes.
• Develop and evaluate metrics to verify reliability of the proposed algorithms.
• Participate in data collection, sensor calibration, and data processing.
• Participate in ideation, creation, and evaluation of related technologies in related domains including traffic scenes and driving functions.
• Contribute to a portfolio of patents, publications, and prototypes to demonstrate added value.
We are looking for new colleagues willing to work and learn in a friendly environment, in a young and motivated team. Desired schedule will be of 6h or 8h/ day (30 or 40h/week).
You can be a perfect match to our team if:
• You are a student in the last year of a bachelor program or in the first year of a master program at a University in a relevant field (e.g. Informatics - Computer Science, Automatic Control and Computer Engineering or Electrotechnics, Telecommunications and Information Technology or Electric Engineering, Energetics and Applied Informatics or other similar areas);
• You have outstanding student performance tracked by excellent grades;
• You have good knowledge of computer science and general software engineering principles;
• You have programming experience in any of Python, C++, Matlab or excellent skills in other languages;
• You are passionate about programming or automotive;
• You are passionate about Artificial Intelligence: Computer Vision, Interactive Machine Learning, Human in the Loop Machine Learning, Hybrid AI, Neuro Linguistic Programing, Knowledge representation;
• You have knowledge on neural networks and specific AI framework;
• You have knowledge of multiple operating systems (e.g.: Linux, Windows);
• You are skilled in logical and structural thinking;
• You have good communication skills and team orientated approach;
• You are advanced in English - speaking, writing and listening.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2019, Continental generated sales of €44.5 billion and currently employs more than 230,000 people in 59 countries and markets.
Automotive Cross Divisional Functions