Continental Security and Privacy Engineer for Automated Driving Systems (Iasi) in Iasi, Romania
Security and Privacy Engineer for Automated Driving Systems (Iasi)
Can you image a world where your car is driving you home? You can also contribute to this vision by joining our team as a Security and Privacy Engineer.
Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety. We believe in a “driverless” future with zero car accidents and that’s why accident prevention and protection of drivers and passengers in collisions are all focal points in vehicle development.
We develop products for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems, an emerging and innovative field in the automotive business. By using video, radar and lidars sensors, our end products are “looking” around the vehicle and take actions like making the driver aware of dangers, brake the car or even steer it out of the harm’s way. The final goal of this kind of systems is to help protect the lives of passengers and pedestrians alike. When put together, the products developed by us (like Autonomous Driving Control Unit, Traffic Jam Assist, Automated Parking, Turn Assist, etc.) are contributing to the creation of the automated driving (self-driving) car
As a Security and Privacy Engineer you will have thrilling opportunities, including the chance:
• To boost your professional career in the automotive industry among us and share your knowledge in IT security
• To learn together with us how to engineer a secure embedded system
• To actively define the new standard ISO SAE 21434 for cybersecurity of road vehicles
• To help us develop products which are both innovative and secure
• To join our worldwide community of key experts and interact directly with the most known OEMs in the business.
You will be responsible for:
• Threat modelling, conducting security analysis & risk assessment
• Creating the security plan and aligning to the overall project plan
• Specifying security requirements
• Suggesting secure design principles & patterns for embedded systems architectures
• Conducting secure data storage & deletion
• Reviewing and aligning the data security work products
• Constructing clear and comprehensible security arguments
• Liaising with engineering team
• Reporting the status of the activities to your direct manager
A mentor will support you to gradually take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
You can be a perfect match to our team if you have:
• Graduated in a relevant field (i.e. Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer science, Automatics, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Medical Bioengineering);
• Knowledge of IT systems & network architectures, as well as knowledge of functional and technical interrelations;
• Deep understanding of network LAN/WNA concepts like TCP/IP, VLAN routing, NAT, PAT;
• Understanding of packet filtering and analysis at network and endpoint level
• Familiar with Information Security;
• Experience and hands-on knowledge with Intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS);
• Familiar with formal and structured analysis of the IT systems security (e.g. threat modeling, vulnerability scanning, penetration testing);
• Excellent communication skills & methodical and structured approach;
• Strong entrepreneurship as basis for a self-determined working style;
• Good writing, reading and speaking English skills;
• Previous experience in automotive development and Agile methods is a plus;
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety division develops, produces and markets intelligent systems to improve driving safety and vehicle dynamics. Integral active and passive safety technologies and products that support vehicle dynamics provide greater safety, comfort and convenience. The goal here is to implement “Vision Zero,” the vision of accident-free driving.
Engineering, Information Technology, Research and Development
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)