Continental Supplier Quality Engineer for Software (Iasi) in Iasi, Romania
Supplier Quality Engineer for Software (Iasi)
The Supplier Quality Management department’s main goal is to ensure that suppliers fulfill Continental standards in terms of quality. The SQM department is responsible to ensure that new projects that are being introduced into Continental will be awarded to the best suppliers, matching the requirements of each particular project. It is the department where extensive improvement projects are carried out in order to bring suppliers to state-of-the-art standards in terms of quality and communication.
We are looking for a colleague to join our Supplier Quality Management Team for a determined period of time (2 years).
Do you want to be part of our team? These should spark your interest:
• Maintenance of the defined Supplier Quality Management System (procedures, guidelines and tools), to ensure the requested quality is in line with the defined purchasing strategies in order to meet the cost, quality and productivity targets.
• Execution of supplier evaluations and assessments (Automotive SPICE) for software suppliers to support the cross-functional supplier selection team with the required quality data.
• Risk evaluation of software and firmware within sourcing phase including security and safety requirements.
• Support projects in customer request for quote phase to
evaluation supplied customer software.
• Running and monitoring of improvement programs with suppliers on basis of assessment and root cause analysis results.
• Initiation and introduction of the preferred Software suppliers into approved panel list.
• Support in escalations with software suppliers together with purchasing according Continental Automotive escalation process to ensure that the parts and services
meet the defined quality requirements.
• Support of the data system to collect, evaluate and report
supplier quality related key process indicators (KPIs) and issue of periodical quality performance reports in order to take care for appropriate improvement actions being initiated.
• Continuous tracking of the target setting and plan fulfillment (monitoring, analysis, control) in the context of Supplier Quality Management System.
• Support for the continuous improvement process of all supplier quality-related processes, guidelines and tools by means of internal audits, on-site assessments, and benchmarking and best practice sharing programs.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
You can be a perfect match if you have:
• Degree / Masters or Bachelor in Computer Science/Engineering, or a related discipline, preferably with specialization or related experience in the area of embedded software development;
• Experience in software development or software quality assurance;
• Very good understanding of software development methodologies;
• Understanding of quality management systems and maturity models such as Automotive SPICE or CMMI is preferred;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to interact with different levels of people, including suppliers and customers.
If the above descriptions suits you, we will certainly like to meet you!
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2019, Continental generated sales of €44.5 billion and currently employs more than 230,000 people in 59 countries and markets.
Automotive Cross Divisional Functions