Continental Software Engineer - CES, UK in Lichfield, United Kingdom
Software Engineer - CES, UK
Reporting to the Head of the Chassis Group within the UK, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proven capability and experience of designing and developing software for high performance embedded systems.
• Realization of embedded software for 8-, 16- and 32-bit microcontrollers using established company design practices and software life cycles in line with the ISO2001:2008 quality system and high integrity design standards;
• Interpretation of system requirements in collaboration with systems and hardware engineers to generate software requirements using semi-formal methods;
• Code implementation using C/C++ programming languages, assembly language and automatic code generation from modelled environments;
• Generation and execution of test plans and reports at all levels of the “V” life cycle, including unit/structural tests, integration tests and verification/validation tests;
• Generation and formal review of technical documentation and artefacts from the design process;
• Participation in FMEA, HAZOP, FTA and other analysis techniques.
• Degree-qualified in an appropriate science or engineering discipline;
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role within an embedded system product development environment;
• Experience of programming using C, C++, C# and assembly languages;
• Experience in Windows Embedded, Embedded Linux, Visual Studio and Eclipse;
• Experience using requirements management and specification tools
e.g. DOORS, MKS Integrity;
• Experience using configuration management tools e.g. MKS;
• Experience with software analysis methodologies and tools e.g. UML, Rhapsody;
• Experience with CAN based test tools e.g. CANoe, CANalyser, CANape, PCAN or ValueCAN;
• Experience of current ADAS applications e.g. ACC, EBA, LDW, LKA or autonomous vehicles;
• Experience of ADAS sensor technologies e.g. Radar, Mono Camera, Stereo Camera, Lidar, Ultrasonic;
• Experience of signal processing, image processing, object tracking, classification and fusion algorithms and techniques;
• An ability to interpret circuit schematics and understand the basic operation of electronics hardware, especially microprocessor peripheral support circuitry. Higher levels of hardware competence, especially some experience of high voltage (up to 1kV), high power systems would be advantageous;
• Good test and analysis skills;
• Good written and verbal communication skills;
• Proficiency with standard office tools: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc;
• A team player with the ability to work alone unsupervised;
• Highly-motivated and capable of working on multiple activities concurrently.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
As an engineering and production partner, Continental Engineering Services (CES) develops customized solutions for technologically challenging tasks in automotive and industrial industries. Become a part of a strong team and help us ensure that future mobility becomes more user-friendly, drive-efficient, safe and comfortable.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)