Continental Electronic Technician in Marysville, Ohio
The Electronic Technician will be work in our Marysville, OH plant that exclusively manufactures and distributes large, heavy weight conveyor belts The Electronic Technician will monitor process and machine parameters during critical belt runs. They will be working on all electrical related break downs and projects in the plant. In addition, the Electronic Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting machine malfunctions using electronic and PLC techniques. Employees in this classification will be able to audit machine set points and process parameters for performance to specifications. They will also be responsible for verifying calibration of process controllers and recorders, documenting machine PLC programs, troubleshooting activities and audit findings.
• Monitor process and machine parameters during critical belt runs.
• Troubleshoot machine malfunctions using PLC techniques and will be able to improve plant processes
through PLC program modifications.
•Troubleshoot AC and DC controls including changing of fuses, coils, contacts, and relays.
• Audit machine set points and process parameters for performance to specifications.
• Verifying calibration of process controllers and recorders.
• Document machine PLC programs, troubleshooting activities and audit findings.
•Install and repair electrical equipment including, but not limited to, switch gear, motors, starters, switches, instruments from wiring diagrams, sketches, and instruction manuals.
install cable rack, cable, conduit, and pull wire.
•Maintain inside and outside lighting including incandescent, fluorescent and mercury vapor fixtures
•Maintain motors and be capable of working safely on voltages up to 2400 as well as 115, 230, 277, and 400volt systems.
• Responsible for keeping their work area clean.
• The position involves working occasionally around heat, dirt, grease, oil, contact with water, etc.
• The position involves working at various heights.
• The position involves a high degree of responsibility for correct analysis and quality work Improper repair will result in safety concerns, waste of time and material.
• Must furnish their own basic hand tools. Must be capable of using standard electrical instruments such as an amp meter, voltmeter, and megger tester. Must be capable of reading from blueprints, sketches, and/or specifications.
• Perform all job duties in accordance with ContiTech’s environmental policy and applicable work instructions.
DESIRED EDUCATION / EXPEREINCE / SKILLS:
• Associates Degree in Electrical field of study or 3 years industrial maintenance electronic experience
• Must have previous experience in industrial electronics
• Experience in industrial mechanical work
• Experience with industrial welding
• No unexplained gaps in employment
and PLC’s to qualify to take the written test.
• No unexplained gaps in employment
• Be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• Must be able to read and write legibly.
• Must be able to perform all types of industrial electrical work including troubleshooting large overhead cranes, large AC and DC electric motors, and motor control circuits.
• Must be able to work with high voltage AC up to 2300 volts.
• Must be able to work on new installations using rigid electrical conduit
• Must be able to read and understand electrical prints and schematics.
• Must be able to use all types of hand and power tools and must supply own set of basic hand tools.
• Must be capable of heaving lifting (up to 50 lbs. occasionally).
• Must be able to climb and work in high places.
• Must be able to work independently and in a group with little supervision.
• Must be able to train others.
• Must be able to work any shift and weekends when scheduled.
• Must be willing to work on holidays.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The ContiTech division develops, manufactures and markets products, systems and intelligent components made of rubber, plastic, metal and fabric. They are used in machine and plant engineering, mining, agriculture, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.