Continental Environmental Safety and Health Manager in Marysville, Ohio
Environmental Safety and Health Manager
The Environmental Safety & Health Manager is responsible for developing and managing environmental, safety & health (ES&H) programs for the plant. Also responsible to ensure that an ES&H strategic plan is in place that supports the business and reduces injuries, illnesses, the impact on the environment, and overall ES&H liability for the plant. Accountable for achieving desired performance results with respect to ES&H metrics including, but not limited to, incident rates, workers’ compensation cost reduction, and environmental liability reduction.
• Design, develop, implement and maintain environmental, safety and health systems to ensure compliance and social responsibility for the plant. Ensure that all processes, materials, and products are in compliance with governmental and corporate regulations and requirements to minimize plant liability with respect to ES&H issues.
• Ensure Chemical Material Management for the plant is in compliance with all applicable governmental and corporate regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, MSDS/SDS management, storage/handling, disposal and transportation compliance.
• Support plant operations, and establish and maintain plant environmental, industrial health, and safety records and indices to drive continual compliance and improvement in all metrics to decrease ES&H liability for the plant. (These metrics include, but are not limited to, injury and illness data, incident rates, workers’ compensation costs, waste minimization, solvent reduction, and pro-active safety initiatives.)
• Conduct environmental, industrial health, and safety reviews (audits) of all plant operations and processes. Prescribe steps to improve plant performance. Drive the successful implementation of changes and take an active role to correct unsatisfactory trends.
• Ensure that plant associates are adequately trained to perform required environmental, industrial health, and safety activities.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, occupational safety and health, engineering or related science.
• Master Degree in environmental sciences, or occupational safety and health or an MBA is a plus.
• Minimum 5 years of combined environmental, safety and health experience or EHS educational study.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Union experience desired.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Health Safety and Security
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.