Continental BestDrive Service Technician in Memphis, Tennessee
BestDrive Service Technician
BestDrive, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Continental, is the top choice among commercial trucking fleets for our high quality products and exceptional service. BestDrive specializes in providing fleet customers with innovative tire solutions.
Since our founding in 2012, we have opened 32 locations throughout the United States and continue to rapidly expand our footprint throughout the country.
This store location is seeking a Service Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate is dependable, works well on a team, and is dedicated to customer service.
The Tire Service Technician position is essential to our business. This person must be able to properly dismount, mount, balance, and repair Commercial Vehicle and Medium Truck tires. Employees will be responsible for all aspects for tire and related service and repair for off-the-road equipment (construction, earthmoving, mining, farm etc.) as well as other duties as assigned by the manager.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Mount/Dismount/Install tires & tire/wheel assemblies
• Load/Unload tires on and off trucks
• Repair Tires
• Follow established procedures to inspect tires, and wheels before and after service.
• Determine repairable tire conditions and make such repairs.
• Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
• Document work performed accurately and according to company policy.
• Operate heavy-duty tire service equipment and tools including boom cranes, cribbing, jacks, compressors, electric and hydraulic equipment.
• Unbolt and re-bolt wheels from/to equipment, using lug wrenches and other hand and power tools.
• Mount and dismount any type of off-the-road tire including but not limited to multi-piece rims.
• Perform emergency road service calls on nights and/or weekends on a rotating basis.
• Proper maintenance of assigned service vehicle including appearance as well as on board service equipment and tools.
• Comply with OSHA and MSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position
• Must be 18 years or older
• Valid Driver’s License in good standing required
• 2+ years of previous Commercial Tire Tech experience preferred
• The ability to work in a fast paced, customer service-oriented environment.
• Ability to work on a team and independently
• Ability to communicate, verbally and written, clearly and professionally with co-workers and management.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.