Continental Maintenance Technician I (Site 1 / 3rd Shift) in Morganton, North Carolina
Maintenance Technician I (Site 1 / 3rd Shift)
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we're changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart and sustainable. Our Morganton, NC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Ensure manufacturing equipment is producing product in accordance to approved standards and maintain all production and support equipment to assure high efficiency and zero defects.
• Properly maintain high speed automation equipment, tooling and associated machinery to designed standards.
• Meet or exceed production standards and reduce product reject rates.
• Work with Engineering to continuously improve Quality, Cycle Times, and Process Performance.
• Monitor measurement systems, SPC or other performance indicators and proactively respond to negative trends
• Review product FMEA’s and Control Plans.
• Skilled multi-craft technician capable of repairing electro-mechanical, pneumatic & hydraulic devices.
• Use basic hand tools as well as micrometers, calipers, multi-meters, and other test equipment.
• Troubleshoot pneumatic/hydraulic circuits and analyze documentation in assigned area of responsibility.
• Perform basic PLC programming skills for troubleshooting equipment and associated processes.
• Capable of product evaluation, process or equipment troubles. Facilitate repairs or adjustments to improve the performance of the line and comply with quality standards.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• AAS Degree, or within 12 months of obtaining, in a technical discipline such as Mechatronics, Electronics, Robotics, Computer or Mechanical engineering technology; OR
• Possess a State Approved Journeyman’s Card; OR
• A minimum of 4 years technical maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Associates Degree in a technical discipline plus 2-5 years of experience in electro-mechanical maintenance
• Automotive manufacturing experience.
• Automation of processes.
• Blueprint/schematic reading, access and read electrical, pneumatic and mechanical drawings in SAP/CSE.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.