Continental Quality Tech1 (Failure Analysis - 2nd shift) in Morganton, North Carolina
Quality Tech1 (Failure Analysis - 2nd shift)
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Morganton, NC location is seeking a Quality Technician to join our team.
To learn more about this location, click the link below:
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Perform timely testing and analysis on Production parts (NOK's, process variation, etc) to determine root cause and provide information / data for corrective actions. Monitor production line data to focus and prioritize part analysis and investigations to protect the customer and lower scrap rates.
• Investigate failures from manufacturing process including opening units – lathe, mill machine, drill press - to determine root cause; ability to learn & understand complex processes.
• Capable of gaining knowledge of components & assemblies by understanding drawings & standards with the ability to measure parts with calipers, micrometers, and pin gages.
• Following Jidoka concept & culture in investigating process failures.
• Using Quality assurance tools:
o Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC),
o Basic understanding of process capability & ability to generate capability reports,
o Basic understanding & ability to complete
o Torque Accuracy studies
o Basic understanding of 8D problem solving method,
o Understanding of pareto, histogram, & normal distribution
• Support (Production, QAP, IT, etc…) in establishing optimized and updated Production data monitoring methods and alert triggers.
• Develop and maintain current knowledge / information (as necessary) on product and station drawings, specifications, etc…
• Document findings into individual reports and/or trend information
• Work with Sr. Quality Engineer for Failure Analysis, QAP and FA Operators to establish optimized Production line analysis strategy and support accordingly (Jidoka meetings, training…).
• Support Plant and Worldwide meetings as needed (Jidoka, Internal Defect Management, Scrap Reduction, etc…)
• Plan and carry out special studies as needed to lower NOK & reject rates or gather data for changes to the process or product.
• Maintain testing and analysis equipment.
• Week end support for QAP Techs
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader
• AAS Degree and at least 1-year experience in a manufacturing or quality environment; or
• Within 12 months of graduating with an AAS Degree and 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing or quality environment
• Ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English
• Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, email... )
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Associates Degree in a technical discipline plus 2-5 years of quality experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Automotive manufacturing experience.
• Experience using SAP
• Experience operating test and teardown equipment (test stands, measuring devices, lathe, etc.)
• Knowledge of SPC
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility and Safety Business Area integrates safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics to ensure safe and comfortable driving. The objective is to implement "Vision Zero", the vision of accident-free driving. Autonomous Mobility and Safety's components and system capabilities are prerequisites for autonomous mobility.
Manufacturing Operations and Production, Quality
Autonomous Mobility and Safety (AMS)
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.