Continental Maintenance Technician in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Mount Pleasant, IA
Responsible for a variety of duties involved in the installation, alteration, maintenance, development and repair of plant machinery, equipment, facilities and structures.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and maintain a variety of mechanical, electrical and manufacturing equipment and machinery
• Experience and desire to learn engine lathe, milling machine, drill press, grinders, alter or construct replacement parts, recondition production tooling
• Maintain plant plumbing, heating, cooling and related facilities and equipment
• Read and understand electrical diagrams and blueprints
• Knowledge of PLCS, electronic and mechanical systems
• Basic knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
• Identify and resolve problems before they become costly and unmanageable
• Welding, fabrication and machining skills
• Other duties as necessary
Required: High school diploma or equivalent and 2 years industrial maintenance experience or technical certificate in lieu of experience.
Must be willing and able to work a rotating shift schedule, working 2 weeks on 12-hour day shift then rotate to working 2 weeks on 12-hour night shift.
Preferred: Associate Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Electro- Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.