Continental Intern - Corporate Accounting Internship Year-Round in Rock Hill, South Carolina
Intern - Corporate Accounting Internship Year-Round
Rock Hill, SC
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Fort Mill, SC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Corporate Accounting Intern to join our Corporate Finance group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable and is in school for the next 12 months.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
*Position can start remotely, but then must be able to work onsite in Fort Mill, SC once HQ is reopened (likely by Fall 2021)
The HQ Corporate Finance Intern will participate in various activities to gain exposure to Continental Finance Operations processes and procedures. Intern is to support the Finance group, working on various tasks related to accounting and finance and the month end close process. Work consists of a variety of duties including account analysis and reconciliation, management and/or government reporting, and may involve short assignments in other departments.
Activities to include but not limited to:
• Journal entries
• Cost Center Reporting
• Running financial statements
• Clearing of goods receipts and invoice receipts accounts
• Supporting Fixed Assets
• Other Finance & Accounting activities
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive pay
• Hands on experience with the team
• Project experience
• Company lunch and learns
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Currently enrolled in a US accredited degree program
• Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during normal business hours
• Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Enrolled in school for at least another 12 months and can dedicate 12 months toward this internship
• Strong experience in Excel
• Must be enrolled in school through at least May 2022
• Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Preferred coursework in Accounting/Finance/Business
• Able to work more than 25 hours per week
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
Finance and Controlling
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.