Continental Intern - Tax Accountant Internship - Year-Round in Rock Hill, South Carolina
Intern - Tax Accountant Internship - Year-Round
Rock Hill, SC
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Rock Hill, SC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Tax Accountant Intern to join our Accounting and Finance - Tax group! The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable and is in school for the next 12 months.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
*Position can start remotely, but then must be able to work onsite in Rock Hill, SC once HQ is reopened (likely by Fall 2021).
As the Tax Accountant Intern, you will gain experience in:
• Assisting with completion of various Sales Tax Returns, Waste Tire Returns on a monthly basis, and completion of Tax Exemption Forms
• Track notices, scan and mail returns, check request, maintain files, etc.
• Provide account clearing & reconciliations support
• Miscellaneous clerical items/projects as required
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Competitive pay
• Hands on experience with the team
• Project experience
• Company lunch and learns
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Currently enrolled in a US accredited degree program
• Degree focusing on Tax, Accounting, Finance or similar
• Able to work a minimum of 20 hours (preferred 30+) per week during normal business hours
• Must have and maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.8
• Enrolled in school for at least another 12 months and can dedicate 12 months toward this internship
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Legal Authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this job opening
• Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Tax
• Able to work 30+ hours per week during normal business hours
• Proficient with Windows Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area Tires offers the perfect tires for a wide range of different applications - from cars, trucks and buses to special vehicles, bicycles and motorcycles. Through continuous investment in Research & Development, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The portfolio of the Business Area Tires includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for tires.
Finance and Controlling
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.