Continental Production Value Stream Manager in Seguin, Texas
Production Value Stream Manager
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion drivetrains, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. Our Seguin, TX location is seeking to hire a seasoned Production Value Stream Manager to join our team. If you're a passionate self-motivated and detail-oriented don’t hesitate to join our team.
Are you ready to shape tomorrow with us?
Direct and lead the implementation and ongoing execution of Seguin’s Lean Manufacturing initiative throughout the entire plant operation with the goal to deliver superior operating results and to further enhance our customer’s total quality experience.
Manage a specific and defined value stream 24 / 7. Direct Supervision and influence over production personnel.
• Manage the value stream cell, production costs, quality and delivery.
• Develop and implement strategies to keep the value stream product cell competitive.
• Lead and manage all resources of the value stream cell (Equipment, Materials, Human Services, TPM, etc.) to ensure the achievement of all committed Key Performance Indices (KPI’s).
• Oversee and manage the value stream budget.
• Develops and define strategies to ensure mid and long term product demand are met.
• Drive change daily by creating channels for feedback and effectively using company-wide systems of communication to ensure employees are stakeholders and have a voice in the workplace.
• Lead solutions to improve staff capabilities and performance management.
• Be responsible for managing and maintaining all health and safety standards within the value stream cell.
• Provide active design, leadership, and advocacy of a continuous improvement culture.
• Utilizing Value Stream Mapping, develop the plant Lean strategy and corresponding rolling 6-month implementation plan that is aligned with company’s overall strategic direction.
• Facilitate teams of employees engaged in lean activity planning and execution of these plans.
• Develop clearly defined deliverables for Lean in accordance with the company’s Key Process Indices (KPI’s)
• Serve as the “champion" for all Lean activities, working with leadership across the business enterprise to train, communicate, standardize, sustain and facilitate the implementation of Lean.
• Build strong and positive working relationships with all functional areas across the company, including them in the improvement activities and understanding their needs.
• Identify training and develop appropriate programs to educate employees in the principles of Lean manufacturing.
• Define and lead Kaizen events and follow-up to ensure proper progress and the continuity of the lean efforts toward the optimization and removal of waste.
• Assist other locations through best practice sharing and the implementation of Lean within their operations.
• Conduct all activities and behave in a method that is strictly consistent with the Company’s Principals and
• Supporting Values while striving to help the Company achieve its Vision.
• Responsibilities to directly supervise and manage the daily activities of one or more employees. Responsibilities do include the indirect supervision, coordination, and management of multiple employees as they are engaged in Lean activities and TPM training.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the plant’s lean activities. Will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Responsibilities include 24 hour / 7 days a week manufacturing operation. VSM’s are expected to coach all shifts, and actively participate with night shift teams. Night shift rotations will be expected.
• Responsibilities include direct supervision of 20-60 production associates
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance & Employee Discounts
• Potential Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• Fitness Reimbursement
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field
• 4 years of experience in a variety of technical manufacturing roles.
• Must have leadership experience in a manufacturing plant
• Willing to work a rotating 24/7 schedule 12 hour shifts
• Able to stand, walk, climb, squat, crawl, bend, reach, and stand
• Be able to carry up to 28 lbs
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Microsoft applications proficiency
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies offers efficient and clean powertrain technologies. The focus is on intelligent systems and components for the electrification of vehicles as well as electronic control systems, sensors, actuators and exhaust aftertreatment solutions.
Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.