Continental Test Equipment Technician II - Night Shift in Seguin, Texas
Test Equipment Technician II - Night Shift
Test Equipment Technician II
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion drivetrains, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. Our Seguin, TX location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Test Technician II to join our team.
Are you ready to shape tomorrow with us?
Responsible for Preventive and Corrective maintenance and repair of In-Circuit, Functional, and X-Ray. Test/Inspection electrical and mechanical systems hardware, software, and tooling.
• Test/Inspection electrical and mechanical systems hardware, software, and tooling.
• Maintain test equipment including repairs, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and spare part replacement identification.
• Identify, initiate and document improvements to test equipment, programs, and fabrication procedures.
• Assist other techs in investigating production problems, determining root cause & implementing corrective action.
• Assist in debug and qualification of test equipment
• Assist in the periodic relocation and requalification of test equipment.
• Support efforts to meet line product First Pass Yield, Scrap, and equipment MTBF goals.
• Assist with installation, debug and qualification of new equipment/processes.
• Troubleshoot/diagnose difficult, infrequent problems with processes/equipment with minimal direction/documentation.
• Communicate problems and/or transaction status with appropriate personnel to include other shifts.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work overtime (including weekends) on an “as needed” basis.
• Comply with established health and safety regulations.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Assistance & Employee Discounts
• Potential Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• Fitness Reimbursement
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Associates of Applied Science in Electronics or 2-3 years of Technical work experience or equivalent military training.
• Ability to use oscilloscope, logic analyzer, protocol analysis and other test related equipment
• Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuitry
• Able to solder printed circuit boards and cable connectors.
• Able to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS (travel, lifting restrictions, etc.): Must be able to lift equipment tooling and fixtures weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance. Must be able to Push, Pull, Reach, Twist, Turn, Stoop, and Walk. Personnel must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Strong, clear, written and verbal communication skills to all levels of Organization
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Vitesco Technologies is a leading international developer and manufacturer of state-of-the-art powertrain technologies for sustainable mobility. With smart system solutions and components for electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles, Vitesco Technologies makes mobility clean, efficient and affordable. The product range includes electric drives, electronic control units, sensors and actuators, and exhaust-gas aftertreatment solutions. In 2019, Vitesco Technologies, a Continental business area, recorded sales of EUR 7.8 billion and employs almost 40,000 people at around 50 locations worldwide. Vitesco Technologies is headquartered in Regensburg, Germany.
Engineering, Manufacturing Operations and Production
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Vitesco offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Vitesco complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Vitesco has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Vitesco provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to VTANSM_Careers@continental.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.