Continental Regional Purchasing Processes & Systems Specialist in Shanghai, China
Regional Purchasing Processes & Systems Specialist
Shanghai (Asia Headquarter)
Process Optimization & Continuous Improvement:
▪ Evaluate and continuously improve purchasing strategic and operational processes, propose innovative and feasible processes and procedures, meanwhile ensure compliance to corporate purchasing policies, company standards, compliance management system, quality management system requirements etc.
▪ Perform regular assessment at locations, identify gaps, discrepancies and potential risks by checking and evaluating purchasing operations, practices and documentations, work with local purchasing team and other functions/depts, set plans for improvements and monitor corrective actions.
▪ Identify and manage cross divisional/functional process improvement opportunities and align operational processes towards the best interest of purchasing and other functions/depts.
Projects and collaboration with global teams:
▪ Lead and/or support projects including but not limited to: creation and publish of standard process, development of new systems and solutions in the area of non-production material procurement, implementation and upgrade of existing systems e.g. SRM, SAP MM, BI systems, contract management system, supplier management platforms etc.
▪ Act in close coordination with global purchasing processes & systems team, implement corporate standard processes & systems in region Asia, including gap analysis, testing, documentation and communication.
Digitalization and automation in procurement:
▪ Implement electronic and innovative solutions in all areas possible for sourcing and operational purchasing activities, make sure the whole process is easily traceable, transparent and all documents are well stored.
▪ Increase the procurement efficiency and reduce administrative workload within purchasing and other depts by standardizing local purchasing processes, implementing SAP SRM system, establishing eCatalogs and stock materials auto-replenishment.
Internal customer / user support:
▪ Train regional/local purchasing personnel as well as internal customers in other functions/depts about purchasing policy, general procurement and sourcing processes, methods and procedures.
▪ Provide 2nd level support for system user community, make sure the whole procurement to pay process is always well supported by the existing systems.
-Interpersonal, social and mutli-cultural skills and awareness
-SAP R/3, SRM and related ERP system logic
-Sourcing & Procurement knowledge
-Problem Solving, Continious Improvement, Process Management, Change Management
-Communication skills in Chinese and English
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2019, Continental generated sales of €44.5 billion and currently employs more than 230,000 people in 59 countries and markets.
Automotive Cross Divisional Functions