Continental VNI CE - Principal / Senior Engineer, System Architect in Singapore, Singapore
VNI CE - Principal / Senior Engineer, System Architect
System Architect for Connectivity products
• Be part of the international development team to define system architecture and requirements of radio navigation and telematics products.
• To lead and/or be involved in various parts of the product life cycle from Innovation, Quotation, to Development phases by working with the customer and the internal development engineering team.
• Analysis of system requirements and regional legal requirements,
• Definition of system architecture strategy that satisfies the system requirements and meeting quality, functional safety, security and cost targets
• Development of the system architecture that is in-line with existing generic architectures (HW/SW platform) and functional safety.
• Allocation of system requirements to architecture elements
• Definition of internal and external interfaces of each system element,
• Identification and tracking of critical timing aspects on system level
• Establish verification criteria to ensure key requirements / critical timing aspect could be validated within agreed constraints of the system architecture
• Establish consistency and bilateral traceability between system requirements and system architectural design,
• Documentation of the system architecture by formal description, communicating to project team system constraints to ensure key impact factors are respected
• Identification of optimization options on system architecture level,
• Moderates and supports problem resolution between the different disciplines in the area of the system,
• Train, coach and moderate the engineering project team members in technical questions
• Engineering Degree with minimum 7 years’ experience in product design and development, with 3 years’ experience in leadership position, and minimum 5 years of relevant product domain experience.
• Strong knowledge in embedded system architecture design.
• Be able to lead design topics and structured problem solving.
• Strong knowledge in system requirement management.
• Strong knowledge in software operating systems: Embedded Linux / Android / MS Auto.
• Experienced in Agile development methodology.
• Demonstrates passion and drive to support business team in acquisition activities.
• Knowledge in Rhapsody design tools will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in Software designs and tools will be an added advantage.
• Knowledge in Automotive Functional Safety requirement be an added advantage.
• Very good knowledge about the traceability method
• Good knowledge of ASPICE ENG.3 process description and base practices
• Strong ability to communicate in English in a multi-site international setup, Team player & Ability to interact with customers and business partners,
• Must be able to travel for business / training.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)