Continental Maintenance Technician - Machine Repair in St. Marys, Ohio
Maintenance Technician - Machine Repair
St. Marys, OH
The Machine Repair is responsible for ensuring production and quality by guaranteeing the operation of mechanical equipment and machinery.
·• Disassemble machines and take off parts for replacement or repair by using cranes, hoists, chain falls, hand tools, and jacks.
• Examine or carry out tasks on broken machine parts and identify defective parts or give recommendations to supervisors on repair requirements.
• Replace, fix or realign machine parts and accessories in line with production specifications.
• Put machine parts together after accomplishing maintenance and repair work.
Completes appropriate paperwork and machine documentation.
• Assists other maintenance team members in meeting department requirements while serving as a resource to production, engineering and other plant personnel. Other individual maintenance craft knowledge considered a plus.
• Work independently with little supervision.
• Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
• Exhibit outstanding ability to learn and comprehend the fundamentals of the functioning machines.
• Excellent general understanding of hydraulic systems with display of mastery in troubleshooting by utilizing deductive reasoning and schematics.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
· Company Paid Dental and Vision
·Competitive Pay and Benefits
·Only work 15 days out of the month
· Paid Time Off
· Tuition & Employee Discounts
· Annual Bonus
· Employer 401(k) Match
· And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
· Highschool Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
· Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
· 3+ years previous manufacturing experience
·Journeyman's Card is preferred
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.