Continental Software Manager (M/F) in Toulouse, France
Software Manager (M/F)
At Vehicule Networking and Information Central Engineering, Software Platform department provides innovative software solutions as base for our automotive car maker customer products.
In the context of low level software development, you will join software Platform to lead a chapter of engineers in a discipline. You will be responsible for the individual and chapter overall skills and experience. You will be the agile coach and mentor for your chapter and possible other organizational structures. You will do the evaluation of your direct reports in cooperation with the Scrum Master and Product owner and you will act as Customer for Process Method and Tools organization to drive the improvements based on the feedback of your chapter.
As a Software Manager, you :
• Leading a Chapter (pool of 20-50 Engineers)
• Acts as Agile Coach & Mentor for teams and all Levels of Leadership
• Mentor & provide technical guidance to all Value Providers in your chapter
• Ensure coaching and know-how ramp-up within chapter
• Establish & monitor objective feedback channels to measure the performance of the organization. For example:
o KPIs measuring the flow of value through respective areas of the organization
o Feedback from Business Owners
o Strategic directions from Business Owners and Location Leads
o Feedback from Employees in chapter
• Use feedback to drive Employee Capability Management, Organizational Environment Development, Subcontracting, and Staffing.
• Drive employees to operational excellence and ensure individual growth of employees
• Develop new leaders
• Are able to identify the risks, share and follow them
• Identify and Close knowledge gaps in organization
• Ensure Trainings for Employees
• Talent Management (Individual career, compensation and performance)
• Builds up strategic technology competencies with respect to product portfolio development (e.g. via feedback from Business Owner and Location Leads)
• Recruitment of new employees / retaining strategy
• Cover all disciplinary leadership topics for your chapter. For example, resolve team conflicts if they are not able to solve inter-personal issues, handle refusal to follow given work instructions, handle disciplinary warnings as needed (with HR support).
• Build high-performing teams from organizational point of view (i.e. competency - not from the view of the respective value streams)
• External Sub-Contract management to cover engineering capacity demands that cannot be covered internally - only for your chapter. Large Sub-Contracts are covered via Location Lead and Lean-Agile-Leader Support.
• Eliminate impediments
• Eliminate demotivating policies and practices
• Define Vision of Organizational Development, e.g., abstract strategy of dedicated aspects of an organization.
• Drive strategic technical organizational improvements, e.g., improvements of test automation, definition of new methods, change in processes.
• Establish & Maintain feedback channels
• Provide employee staffing, i.e., competencies, based on Business Owner demands. Together, ensure that the staffing setup is efficient, e.g., by keeping the dependencies between involved locations and involved locations to a minimum.
• Support in the resolving of escalations emerging in an Agile Release Train or Solution Train. Handle as needed (staffing personal issues, knowledge gaps, staff/establish Task Forces)
• Support Business Owner in realistic estimations for future product quotes considering available know-how and staffing.
• Ensure stable teams composition for the staffing phase of a value stream and during operating in a value stream. Protect teams from a continuous re-staffing and personal changes driven by chapter-external sources.
• Participate in ceremonies of product development covered by your chapter. For example, participate in SAFe ceremonies of Inspect & Adapt Activities of affected Agile Release Trains. Act as stakeholder for Organizational Development.
• Actively support and lead organizational transformation topics
• Lead changes by example
• Act as a coach and teacher regarding organizational transformation topics
• Act as an interface between top-down transformation and bottom-up transformation. Consolidate both directions.
Diploma (s): Master degree in automation, computer science or electronics.
Experience: You have proven experience (15 years minimum) in the development of embedded software, ideally in the automotive context, with a successful experience using agile methods such as Scrum, Kanban and SAFe.
Successful experiences in low level software development
• Functional and technical skills
• Expert in conflict management and negotiation
• Managing through processes and systems
• Motivating others
• Interpersonal skills
• Managing and measuring work
• Business and Economical understanding
• Project management experiences: priority setting and analytical thinking
You have good synthesis skills and good presentation skills. You are able to provide a vision and a goal.
Fluent English required. Daily work in an international environment.
Other skills: autonomous, responsive and rigorous. Your initiative, your team spirit, your creativity, your ability to analyze and your strength of proposal will be assets to work in a multidisciplinary and intercultural environment.
6 reasons to join us
#1 Our colleagues, our leaders : We are looking for colleagues able to show creativity, capable of thinking out of the box and having the ambition to build the mobility of the future.
#2 Challenges : our leitmotiv ! Our ambition : to create tomorrow’s technologies and solutions around the mobility of the future.
#3 Innovation at the heart of our priorities, a part of our DNA.
#4 We combine work, fun and team spirit. Here, work and fun are not incompatible!
#5 A lot of career paths in France or abroad. You join a Group without borders where there are many opportunities.
#6 We are flex, we promote a flexible work environment for the well-being of our employees
Continental nurtures the Diversity & Inclusion of its collaborators from their integration throughout their whole career development.
In that respect, all of our positions are opened to people with disabilities.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This Business Area Vehicle Networking and Information develops modules and end-to-end systems for connected mobility along the strategic elements “Network. Inform. Integrate.”, i.e. hardware, software and services. By providing solutions for networking, human-machine interaction, system integration and high-performance computing for cars, commercial vehicles and fleets, Vehicle Networking and Information ensures functioning networks and a smooth flow of information for connected mobility.
Vehicle Networking and Information (VNI)