Continental Sr Facilities Maintenance Associate in Uvalde, Texas
Sr Facilities Maintenance Associate
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Uvalde, TX location is seeking a highly self-motivated and passionate Sr Facilities Maintenance Associate to join our Facility Maintenance Department. The ideal candidate has great troubleshooting and road and building construction skills.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Monitor, document, and perform inspections (as assigned) of test courses and facility equipment/buildings and initiate corrective actions to ensure that they are at expected standards.
• You will supervise maintenance tasks that are assigned to you.
• Lead building and road construction projects. Ensure high quality level of facility and equipment with special consideration to safety and environmental requirements.
• Support the facility department by organizing project requests and supervising the work of assigned technicians in executing the plans according to predetermined time schedules (course and facility maintenance)
• Lead assigned facility construction projects, and provide technical assistance as needed
• Operate motor grader as required
• Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical equipment as required
• Act as a backup for maintenance supervisor
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• Associates degree in related field construction
• Supervisory experience leading projects and people
• 5 + years’ work experience in road construction and in basic skill trades
• Ability to operate Earth Moving equipment
• Bachelor’s degree in related field of construction, construction management
• Strong Microsoft office skills (excel, Word, outlook and PPT)
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Tire division is known for maximizing safety through short braking distances and excellent grip as well as reducing fuel consumption by minimizing rolling resistance. Tires are the vehicle’s only link with the road. They transmit all forces onto the road. It is the tire technology that determines whether a vehicle is able to stop in time and stay in the correct lane during cornering maneuvers.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.7425. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.